Monday, September 7, 2020

A Stroll Through Proverbs: Proverbs 5:7-5:14 – “Flee the Immoral Woman”

“7 Hear me now therefore, O ye children [sons and daughters], and (a)depart not from the words of my mouth.

            (a)Psalm 119:102


8 Remove [go far away] thy way far from her [immoral, pagan woman], and come not nigh [near] the door of her house:


9 Lest thou give thine honour [vigour] unto others, and thy years unto the cruel [cruel one]:


10 Lest strangers [aliens] be filled with thy wealth strength]; and thy labours be in the house of a stranger [foreigner];


11 And thou mourn [groan] at the last when thy flesh and thy body are consumed [wasted],


12 And say, How have I hated instruction [discipline, correction, chastening], and my heart despised reproof punishment, rebuke];


13 And have not obeyed the voice of (a)my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me!


            (a)Proverbs 1:8


14 I was (1){almost in all evil} in the midst [middle, between] of the congregation and assembly.”


            (1)On the verge of total ruin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Discussions: