Thursday, September 3, 2020

A Stroll Through Proverbs: Proverbs 4:1-4.13 “Pursuit of True Wisdom”

 1 “Hear, aye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.

            a Psalm 34:11, Proverbs 1:8


2 For I give you good doctrine [teaching], forsake ye not my law.


3 For I was my father's son, btender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.


             b1 Chronicles 29:1


cHe dtaught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart [inner man, soul] retain my words: ekeep my commandments, and live.


            c Proverbs 3:1, 4:10, 9:11; d1 Chronicles 28:9, Ephesians 6:4; e Proverbs 7:2


fGet wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline [turn away] from the words of my mouth.


            f Proverbs 2:2,3, 4:7, 16:16


gForsake her [wisdom] not, and she [wisdom] shall preserve thee: hlove her [wisdom], and she [wisdom] shall keep thee.


            g Proverbs 2:11; h2 Thessalonians 2:10


7 Wisdom [foundation of a successful life] iis the principal [beginning] thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.


            i Proverbs 3:13,14, Matthew 13:44, Luke 10:42


jExalt kher, and she shall promote [reward] thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.


            j Proverbs 3:18; k1 Samuel 2:30


9 She shall give [place on] to thine head lan ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.


            l Proverbs 3:22


10 mHear, O my son, and nreceive my sayings; oand the years of thy life shall be many.


            m Proverbs 9:11, 10:27, 22:4; nProverbs 2:1; oProverbs 3:2


11 I have ptaught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.


            p1 Samuel 12:23


12 When thou goest qthy steps shall not be straitened [be hindered]rand when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.


            qJob 18:7, Psalm 18:36; rPsalm 91:11, Proverbs 10:9


13 sTake fast hold [a firm grip] of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.”


            sProverbs 3:18, 22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Discussions: