Monday, March 12, 2012

Poem: "A Faith Like That" Copyright (c) September 8, 2008 Cynthia S Groff

In the next post I will expound on our first 'Mustard Seed' verse. I have more studying to do! 

This morning, I wanted to share a poem with you that I began in December 2007 and completed in September 2008. It took me a little too long didn't it? However, let me tell you a little about the background of this poem. 

Prior to being diagnosed with terminal breast cancer, I was reading of the woman with the issue of blood and thinking about how diligently this woman sought out the Lord for healing. How desperate she was.  Yet, how much faith she had and belief that Jesus was the One person she knew in her heart that could bring about a miracle in her body! Little did I know that the Lord had already begun to allow a test to be revealed to teach me just what kind of faith I have. He was allowing cancer to be the vehicle to test my faith through the tribulation of the battle. Her battle literally drove her to her knees...not just on her knees, but crawling on her knees through dusty dirt and between peoples trampling feet. She pressed on through the press who were surrounding Jesus...the only One that could heal her.

My thought that night when reading my Bible was: "O, if I could only have a faith like that"! Well, I'm trying! I do want to be a woman who will be on my knees crawling diligently and fervently against the press of troubles in prayer to reach Heaven where Jesus is now. O to touch the hem of His garment for others (and for myself)! 

A Faith Like That
Copyright  © September 8, 2008 Cynthia S Groff
(Began December 28, 2007 – Completed September 8, 2008)


There was a woman with an issue of blood sick for many years
Spent all she had to be cured and hardly nothing left but tears

That “hardly nothing” left was a faith inside her heart
She knew she had nothing to lose so from home she did depart

Her destination decided she gathered all her might
To walk the many miles to find Him in her sight

Many were gathered around the One who she knew she needed
Absolutely determined in her heart not to be defeated

She reached the crowd and begged to be let through
Now her faith unbridled this she had to do

The press was great upon the Man whom she had come to see
If there was anyone who could cure her surely it was He

She knelt upon the ground dust swirled around her face
Crawled upon her hands and knees struggled to keep her pace

Determined she would not give up and displayed no hesitation
To reach the One-and-Only was her ultimate destination

Desperate to reach Him using all her might she tried
Just a few more feet and she would be along His side

Her arm outstretched she forged on refusing to be grim
She felt her fingers slightly touch His garment on the hem

“Who touched me?” He asked as the crowd became silent all around
As the One-and-Only looked and saw the woman on the ground

She looked up into His face and said that it was she
He held out His hand and helped her up and off her knees

Rabbi it was I, I knew you were the One
And since I touched your garments’ hem I know it has been done

The issue of blood I’ve had for many years has finally been relieved
In You the One-and-Only I so faithfully believed

“I knew you were on your way”, He said, “So I slowed down you see,
“It was your faith in action that has now set you free”

Believing this woman He did heal, I desire in my heart and mind
That I would have what that lady had, a Faith like that same kind

Inspired by:
A woman with great faith!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Discussions: