Monday, September 28, 2020

A Stroll Through Proverbs 7:6-7:12

Previous Verses: Proverbs 7:1-7:5 “1 My son, keep [guard] my words, and lay [treasure] up my commandments [statutes] with thee. 2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye [valuable]. 3 Bind [confine] them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart [inner man, soul]. 4 Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman [close friend]: 5 That they may keep thee from the strange [immoral] woman, from the stranger [seductress] which flattereth with her words.”

 

Proverbs 7:6 - 7:12

 

6 “aFor at the window of my house I looked through my casement [a latticed window],


            aJudges 5:28


7 And beheld among the 1{simple [foolish, seducible] ones}, I discerned [understand] among the youths, a young man bvoid [devoid] of understanding,


            1Ones with no purpose in life; bProverbs 1:22, 6:32, 9:4,16


8 Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way [toward] to her house,


            Proverb 7:12


9 In the ctwilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:


            cJob 24:15


10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the 2{dattire of an harlot [prostitute]}, and subtil [crafty] of heart.


            Genesis 38:14-15; 2Dressed to allure men; d1 Timothy 2:9


11 (She is loud and stubborn; 3{her efeet abide not in her house}:


            Proverbs 9:13; 3She is rebellious; e1 Timothy 5:13, Titus 2:5


12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth [lurking] in wait at every corner.)”


            Proverbs 23:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Discussions: