Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Stroll Through Proverbs 9:1 – 9:6 “The Satisfaction of Wisdom”

 Previous Verses: 32 “Now therefore harken unto me [Wisdom; Jesus Christ], O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. 33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse [do not disdain (despise) it] it not. 34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching [literally “so as to watch;” diligent attention] daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. 35 For whoso findeth me [Jesus Christ; The Divine Wisdom] findeth life [eternal life], and shall obtain [bring forth] favour of the LORD. 36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.”

 

A Stroll Through Proverbs 9:1 – 9:6 “The Satisfaction of Wisdom”

 

1 “Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn [carved] out her seven pillars:


            a Matthew 16:18, Ephesians 2:20-22, 1 Peter 2:5


She hath {killed her beasts [slaughtered her meat]}; she hath mingled [mixed with water or spices] her wine; she hath also furnished her table.


            Matthew 22:4, Proverbs 23:30


3 She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth [cries out] upon the highest places of the city,


Proverbs 1:20, b Psalms 68:11, Matthew 22:3, Romans 10:15


4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth [lacks] understanding, she saith to him,


            Psalm 19:7, Proverbs 6:32, 8:5, Matthew 11:25


5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled [mixed].


            Song of Solomon 5:1, Isaiah 55:1, John 6:27


6 Forsake the foolish [foolishness]and live; and go in the way of understanding.


            Proverbs 16:22, Ezekiel 11:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Discussions: