Tuesday, October 6, 2020

A Stroll Through Proverbs 8:32 – 8:36 “Diligently Seek Wisdom”

 Previous Verses: 27 “When he prepared [established] the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass [drew a circle] upon the face of the depth [deep]: 28 When he established the clouds [canopy of water vapor] above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: 29 When he gave to the sea his decree [its limit], that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: 30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; 31 Rejoicing in the habitable part [world] of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.” 

A Stroll Through Proverbs 8:32 – 8:36 “Diligently Seek Wisdom”

 

32 “Now therefore harken unto me [Wisdom; Jesus Christ], O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.


            Psalm 119:1-2, Luke 11:28; Proverbs 5:7, 29:18


33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse [do not disdain (despise) it] it not.


            Proverbs 4:1


34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching [literally “so as to watch;” diligent attention] daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.


            Proverbs 3:13, 18; Psalm 27:4, James 1:22


35 For whoso findeth me [Jesus Christ; The Divine Wisdom] findeth life [eternal life], and shall obtain [bring forth] favour of the LORD.


            Philippians 3:8-9; Proverbs 3:4, 4:22, 12:2; John 17:3; Luke 12:23-24


36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.”


            Proverbs 20:2, Hebrews 2:3; Proverbs 1:31-32, 5:12, 15:32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Discussions: