Sunday, October 4, 2020

A Stroll Through Proverbs 8:22 – 8:26 “Wisdom is everlasting…”

Previous Verses: 14 “Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I [wisdom] am understanding; I have strength. 15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. 16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. 17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. 18 Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable[enduring] riches and righteousness. 19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. 20 I lead [walk] in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgement [justice]: 21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance [wealth]; and I will fill their treasures.”

Proverbs 8:22 – 8:26

 

22 “The LORD [Self-Existent Eternal One; Yehovah (Jehovah)] possessed [acquired] me [*wisdom] in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.


            a Job 28:26-28, Proverbs 3:19, John 1:1-2


            *Wisdom is identified with Jesus Christ Himself


23 I [wisdom, Jesus Christ] was [set up anointed] from everlasting [perpetual, eternal], from the beginning, or ever [before] the earth was.


            Psalm 2:6; John 17:5, 24


24 When there were no depths [oceans], I was 1{brought forth}; when there were no fountains [springs] abounding with water.


            Genesis 7:11, Exodus 15:5; Job 38:16


1 “eternal generation” – Jesus existed before the earth, literally before anything; He like the Father is from everlasting to everlasting


25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:


            Job 15:7,8; Psalm 90:2


26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields [open places], nor the {*highest [chief part] part of the dust} of the world.”


            Literally the beginning of the dust


 * The dust of the world, from the basic to the complex from that which is upon the ground to particles in the upper atmosphere

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Discussions: