Thursday, October 1, 2020

A Stroll Through Proverbs 8:1 – 8:9 “Wisdom is everlasting”

Previous Verses: 24 “Hearken [listen to, obey] unto me now therefore O ye children, and attend [pay attention] to the words of my mouth. 25 Let not thine heart decline [turn away] to her [adulteress] ways [course of life], go not astray in her paths. 26 For she hath cast down [cause to fall] many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain [destroyed] by her. 27 Her house is the way to hell [Sheol, place of no return, everlasting darkness], going down to the chambers of death [destruction].”

 Proverbs 8:1-8:9

 

1 “Doth not awisdom cry [cry out]? and understanding put forth her voice?


            aProverbs 1:20-21, 9:3, 1 Corinthians 1:24, Colossians 2:3;


2 She standeth [takes her stand on] in the top of [high places [high hills, literally = heights], by the way in the places of the paths.


3 She crieth [cries out] at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the [coming in at [entrance of] the doors.


4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.


5 O ye simple [naïve], understand wisdom [prudence]: and ye fools, be ye of an understanding [wisdom] heart.


            Proverbs 1:4, 22, 32


6 Hear; for I will speak of aexcellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.


            aProverbs 22:20


7 For my mouth shall aspeak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.


            aJohn 8:14, Romans 15:8


8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward [crooked] or perverse in them.


9 They are all aplain to him that understandeth, and right to them that bfind knowledge.”


            aProverbs 3:13, 14:6; bProverbs 3:3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Discussions: